Ellisen Wang is a freelance copywriter with a passion for writing emails; they’re his preferred platform not only because they allow him to maintain his unique voice and have fun while connecting with an audience, but also because they’re a fantastic way to promote engagement. By sprinkling a little bit of entertainment into the mix, Ellisen helps businesses write emails that their audience loves to read, which is the key to bringing in more clicks and sales. Now, he’s sharing his tips so that you can reap the same benefits.
Ellisen says you don’t necessarily need to be funny in order to write entertaining emails. All it really takes is bringing your unique voice and personality to the table, whatever that may entail. He suggests incorporating hot topics and common interests into your copy – and maybe even bringing in some controversial subjects.
In this episode, you’ll hear all of these tips from Ellisen and more. Most importantly, you’ll learn how to keep it all entertaining – because no one wants to be bored, especially not by email!
In this episode:
- [1:44] Ellisen gives us a look at his background and his path to copywriting.
- [3:34] Ellisen explains why email is such a great platform to use.
- [4:25] We explore Ellisen’s One Big for emailing: injecting entertainment into your emails. Ellisen suggests highlighting your personality and incorporating common interests.
- [7:40] Ellisen gives tips for creating engagement and implementing storytelling in your emails.
Learn more and reach out:
- www.ellisenwang.com – reach out, find sample chapters of his book, “How to Become an Email Titan,” and read more mail tips