Suz Chadwick has taken on a lot with her own personal brand: she’s a business branding and speaker coach as well as the author of Play Big, Brand Bold; the creator of Brand Builders Academy; and the host of the Brand Builders Lab Podcast. And as someone who’s been recognized as a top 10 branding coach, she knows what it takes to build a great personal brand.
Today, Suz is here to share her personal branding knowledge with One Big Tip listeners. She says it’s all about standing out from the crowd and perfecting your positioning within the market.
In this episode, Suz and I discuss the importance of brand strategy, the questions to ask yourself as you build your personal brand, and why it’s vital to highlight your differentiator – because, as Suz says, a bold brand is what eliminates competition. This is a great conversation full of actionable tips for anyone who needs a little help making a name for themselves and attracting the right people along the way!
In this episode:
- [1:54] Suz gives us a look into her background and explains how she works with clients to make them stand out with unique branding.
- [5:29] Not sure how to get your personal brand off the ground? Suz says to start with brand strategy.
- [6:57] Suz explains how she came into her own personal brand and gives some insight into the difference between personal brands and business brands.
- [9:10] Suz emphasizes the importance of defining your purpose.
- [11:35] Want to make sure you’re attracting the right people? Suz says it’s time to look at your brand’s positioning. It all comes down to your reputation, perception, and price.
- [15:00] Suz says the connection is another important factor – showing up on social media builds trust.
- [18:59] So how do you get started? Suz says one of the first questions you should ask yourself when establishing a personal brand is what you want to be known for.
Learn more and reach out:
- @suzchadwick on all social media (she’s on Instagram the most!)