Allyson Blythe is a certified life coach who proves both individual group coaching and therapy services, workshops, and seminars. She’s even the author of her very own book, titled Misunderstood: Rewriting the Rules of Dignity and Respect. Today, Allyson is here to share some of her wisdom with listeners; her One Big Tip is all about unlocking your most authentic self through a process called self-defining.
Allyson says that too often, our conceptions of wealth, happiness, and success come from outside influences – we try to fit a mold that other people have made for us. But the real key to finding the most success and happiness for yourself is to look inward.
If you want to live your life and run your business the way you truly want to, rather than the way other people expect you to, it’s time to dive into Allyson’s self-defining process. In this episode, you’ll learn all about what it means to self-define, why it’s so important, and how to do it for yourself – from setting your own goals to honoring yourself by following through.
In this episode:
- [1:53] Allyson tells us a little about her background, her work, and her book, Misunderstood: Rewriting the Rules of Dignity and Self Respect.
- [4:22] Allyson explains why self-defining is so important and how you can decide for yourself what you want your life and your business to look like.
- [7:55] So how do you go about defining yourself? Allyson says she’s a firm believer in putting pen to paper to determine what your own personal definitions are.
- [10:55] Allyson discusses the roles that gender can play in the definitions and expectations other people have for us.
- [12:10] Once you put pen to paper, Allyson says the next step is aligning your behavior, honoring yourself, and taking responsibility.
- [16:03] What happens when you start to self-define? Allyson says the net result is an incredible element of authenticity.
Learn more and reach out: