Stephen Somers is the co-founder of Marketplace Superheroes, where he helps people all across the globe learn how to sell their own products on Amazon. Together, he and his co-founder have helped over 7000 people create multiple income streams online! But Stephen’s One Big Tip today is about a different type of stream – live streams!
Social media is one of the most important aspects of running a business, and when it comes to making sure your content is seen, engagement is the number one factor. That’s why Stephen urges listeners to host live streams and encourages high amounts of interactions from viewers.
Still not sold on the live stream idea? By the end of this episode, you will be! In our conversation, Stephen covers everything from the incredible impact of live streams to the logistics of hosting your own, bringing in engagement, and even using them as a way to make money. It’s the perfect introduction to live streaming for anyone who doesn’t know where to start.
In this episode:
- Stephen takes us through his entrepreneurial journey, from researching business tips online to running his own business, Marketplace Superheroes.
- [7:55] Stephen’s One Big Tip is all about the power of livestreaming. He says it’s an incredible tool for communicating with your audience.
- [11:35] Stephen says the key to a great live stream is asking for large amounts of interaction from your audience. He shares examples here.
- [14:35] Can you make money from live streams? Stephen says the answer is YES! He explains how.
- [16:15] Why is engagement so important? Stephen says it will ensure you continue to show up on people’s feeds.
- [18:13] To repurpose or not to repurpose? Stephen discusses steps you can take when the live stream is over.
- [20:20] The right software is a vital component of live streaming. Stephen uses Streamyard.
- [22:24] Anyone can live stream! Stephen and I discuss how individuals can take matters into their own hands and handle the whole process.