Randy Herbertson is a Brand Strategist and Creative Director with over 20 years of marketing and innovation experience, as well as the owner of an agency called the Visual Brand. Through all of his experience working with clients, Randy’s realized one very important thing: everyone has a unique creative DNA, and understanding your own, as well as that of others, is key to working together to create a great product.
Creativity is an essential part of any business, especially when it comes to strategizing and building incredible products. And in order to make the most out of the creative process, you have to understand how your own brain works creatively – and how it can best complement the creative thinking process of others you’re working with.
In this episode, Randy not only shares why it’s so important to understand your creative DNA but also walks us through the process of identifying it. Whether you’re looking to enhance your own personal brand or help clients do the same, you’ll want to listen up!
In this episode:
- [1:25] Randy has a wide repertoire! He explains that his work all comes down to the innovation field and shares how he got started with his own business.
- [5:24] Randy’s one big tip is all about understanding how you (and others!) work creatively. He says the key to delivering a great product is a strategic backbone, which is tied to the creative process.
- [7:12] Randy breaks down the process of identifying and utilizing a brand’s creative DNA through motivational drivers, brand proposition, brand personality, and brand vocabulary.
- [9:28] Randy shares an example of how he helped a specific brand find its own creative DNA and what positive results came of it.
- [14:52] Randy shares another example, this time of a brand who wanted to switch up their product itself.