Marvin Storm is an author, an exit strategist, and the host of the Business Exit Stories Podcast. He aims to help entrepreneurs maximize the values of their businesses and perfect their exit strategies before selling their companies. Marvin has invaluable experience thanks to many years as a business owner and exit strategist, and now he’s sharing his best business exit strategizing tips with listeners.
Exiting a business is something nearly every business owner will have to handle at some point–and there are a lot of moving parts and factors to consider. Luckily, Marvin has tons of actionable tips to create the perfect exit strategy for your business.
From professional personalities to those working with partners, Marvin shares a glimpse into his process for helping a range of different business owners maximize the value of their companies. Whether you’re getting ready to exit now or just want to prepare for the future, this is an episode worth listening to.
In this episode:
- [1:23] Marvin explains how his career path led him to creating the Business Exit Stories Podcast.
- [4:20] How does Marvin go about helping others create a successful exit strategy? He gives us a glimpse into his process.
- [6:46] Marvin emphasizes the importance of viewing your own business through the eyes of a prospective buyer.
- [9:35] For professionals and experts who represent their business as a personality, like doctors, Marvin says it’s important to reposition their business as a broader entity.
- [12:31] How do business partners play into the exit process? Marvin shares tips for dealing with drama and recommends prioritizing clearly defined responsibilities.