Emily McGuire is the Principal of Flourish & Grit, an email marketing firm where she and her team help businesses create effective email campaigns. She’s an expert in the field and has helped create 1000s of successful marketing strategies. Luckily, now she’s sharing some of her expertise with One Big Tip listeners.
Email marketing can be a game-changer for your business – but are you doing it correctly? Emily says the key to the most effective emails is to align them with your goals and the customer experience.
In this episode, Emily and I discuss just how integral a great email campaign can be to the growth of your business – and even how your unsubscribers can be a blessing! When you listen to our conversation, you’ll learn about how to craft emails that will help you reach your goals, the importance of optimizing the customer journey, how to utilize data from your campaigns effectively, and more.
In this episode:
- [1:32] Emily gives us a look at her background and how it led her to find Flourish & Grit, her email marketing firm.
- [6:10] Emily explains her process when it comes to email marketing. She says it all comes down to the customer journey.
- [8:58] Emails can be a great way to harness the power of data – Emily breaks it down with some examples of points in the customer journey, from abandoned carts to welcome series.
- [15:44] How are effective emails crafted? Emily explains her sustainable email marketing framework.
- [18:53] Clarity is essential; Emily says it’s important to give people all the information they need to make a purchase.
- [20:21] We discuss how even unsubscribers are a way to gather data and learn.