Brandon Leibowitz, the founder of SEO Optimizers, created a digital marketing agency with a strong focus on small and medium-sized businesses. SEO Optimizers use strategies that help companies rank higher on Google to realize an increase in leads, conversions, and their bottom line. With over 14 years of experience, Brandon’s methods have proven effective and helped hundreds of brands increase profits with hyper-competitive keywords that convert into sales. What began as an after-hours passion and second income stream in 2008 has proven to be a successful full-time business. Brandon shares how he uses keywords to help his clients rank high on Google in this One Big Tip podcast episode.
Since graduating college, Brandon has worked in digital marketing agencies and learned different marketing strategies. The one that intrigued him the most was SEO. Unlike paid ads and social media, SEO is the best way to create free organic traffic. What started as a side hustle ten years ago has become a successful business for Brandon. The most significant change over the past ten years is that SEO is no longer enough. You need to convert the leads SEO generates. That comes down to website design and other tactics.
When creating an SEO campaign, it’s important to tie it to the client’s main website. This is the best way to attract new leads. Otherwise, Google gets confused and doesn’t know which page to rank higher, the landing page created for SEO or the main website. A skilled marketer can steer you in the right direction. Brandon always makes sure his clients know the timeline of different marketing strategies. With SEO, it’s often trial and error, with a lot of internet sleuthing to see which keywords are ranking and if they’re successful. SEO is the scenic route to successful lead generation, but it’s a guaranteed win.
SEO may be the best way to increase traffic to your website, but you need to be top of mind to your consumers for a high conversion rate. Conversions happen when there is trust and authority. Email is a proven strategy to stay top of mind and help with conversions. Another method that helps with conversions is remarketing ads. That’s a way to follow the lead over time and give them a little nudge or reminder – “Hey, I’m still here. Do you still need my service?”
Having a solid SEO campaign may be a top priority for digital marketing. Skilled marketers know that SEO is not enough. To convert leads, you need other strategies. In this episode of the One Big Tip podcast, Brandon shares tried and true tactics that work to grow your business in this episode of the One Big Tip podcast.
In this episode:
[2:05] Brandon shares what a strong SEO campaign can do for your company
- SEO is the best way to generate free organic traffic
- SEO is always tied into your company website for the best results
[4:50] Over the past ten years the SEO game has changed
- It’s not enough to generate traffic to your website, you need to make sure the leads don’t bounce
- The best keywords can often be found by looking at your competition and seeing what works for them
[8:00] Before you have a solid marketing strategy you need to have a solid website
- The best SEO strategy will fall short if the website is not optimized for conversions
- Conversions require CTA’s and clear directions for your consumers to follow
[11:14] SEO is the scenic route of marketing
- Paid ads always provide quicker results and feedback
- It can take months to see the results of a strong SEO campaign
[13:49] Staying top of mind is important for conversions
- People leave websites due to distractions
- You need to use other methods besides SEO for a well-rounded marketing campaign
[15:02] Remarketing ads and emails are important to consider for conversions
- Emails allow you to build authority and trust with your audience
- Remarketing ads, keep you on top of your mind