Eric Twiggs is a founding partner and president of the What Now Movement, the host of The 30 Minute Hour Podcast, and the author of The Discipline of Now: 12 Practical Principles to Overcome Procrastination. Overall, Eric aims to build high-performing entrepreneurs, authors, and career professionals who are equipped to handle all of life’s curveballs. In this episode, he’s here to help One Big Tip listeners eliminate procrastination and get more out of every day.
Say goodbye to procrastination! We all struggle with it from time to time, but for some of us, procrastination levels can become overwhelming. That’s where Eric’s tips come in. If you find yourself simply unable to tackle the tasks on your daily to-do list and don’t know where to start, this is the episode for you.
Eric has tons of actionable tips up his sleeve. When you listen to our conversation, you’ll not only learn how to get down to the source of your procrastination and uncover its triggers, but also how to overcome those triggers, set better goals, and finally accomplish those goals when you want to.
In this episode:
- [1:49] Eric introduces himself, gives us a look at his work and background, and explains how he got interested in finding solutions to procrastination.
- [4:18] Eric says the key to tackling procrastination is to first become aware of it, its patterns, and what triggers it – whether its task aversion, anxiety, or a number of other things.
- [5:52] Eric discusses some common procrastination triggers, from your circadian rhythm to perfectionism.
- [7:48] What’s the next step to take after you identify a possible trigger? Eric says to focus on the process rather than the outcome.
- [9:11] Eric says the most basic thing you can do is get into the habit of making an appointment with yourself. Putting a task on your calendar increases your likelihood of doing it by 80%!
- [11:40] Eric introduces a technique he calls the Twiggs top five: each night, write down the five most critical things you need to do for the next day.
Learn more and reach out:
- Find Eric’s book: www.thedisciplineofnow.com
- Join the What Now Movement Facebook Group to interact directly with Eric: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thewhatnowmovement