Alicia Butler is the CEO and founder of Equilibria Inc, where she helps entrepreneurs and established businesses grow sustainable, socially conscious companies. On top of this, she’s a podcaster, a Lean Six Sigma consultant, and she wrote the very first book on business infrastructure! Now she’s sharing her insights with listeners and telling us all about how using low-tech tools can make all the difference in your business.
Alicia says we have “shiny object syndrome”: when we hear about new technology, we latch onto it before considering how it will actually affect our businesses. As it turns out, some of the most powerful tools are already right at our fingertips – including business cards!
In this episode, Alicia shares her best tips and tricks for starting with low-tech tools and integrating them into the high-tech ones that will help your business thrive. So get out a pen and paper and get started on transforming your business today!
In this episode:
- [1:21] How did Alicia find herself as an author and expert on business infrastructure? She explains her personal journey to us.
- [4:58] We discuss everything that goes into business infrastructure and how it can be applied to a wide range of fields.
- [8:00] Alicia’s One Big Tip is to start off with low tech processes in order to integrate your high tech. It can be as simple as starting with index cards and stick figures!
- [12:30] Say goodbye to bulky handbooks! Alicia recommends using a website called Notion.
- [16:18] Alicia says it’s important to make sure all of the technology you use can works together for optimal flow.
- [19:13] What are the benefits of implementing these tools? Alicia shares a few: saved time, transparency, and the ability to fill positions and hire freelancers.
Watch the Interview:
Learn more and reach out:
- www.aliciabutlerpierre.com – find links to Alicia’s social media, Equilibria’s website, and Alicia’s podcast.