Ben Albert is the owner of Balbert Marketing LLC. He is also the curator of The “Real Business Connections Network,” where he hosts five podcasts. Once an underdog, now a successful entrepreneur, Ben is passionate about helping other underdogs achieve their dreams. He is on a mission to actually move the needle on one million lives, one conversation at a time. He started his first full-time business which he built from scratch and replaced his corporate sales income in less than a year. He helps elevate other businesses through life-changing business development strategies, including online marketing, personal branding, and podcasting. His mission is to help businesspeople save time and make more money by empowering them to better serve their customers and providing autonomy to serve their families and community best.
Once a quiet kid, Ben dreamed of being a basketball player and is now a successful business owner and entrepreneur. He channels his curiosity and love for helping others through podcasting and marketing and enjoys conversing with brilliant people. As a podcast host, he feels grateful for the opportunity to network and connect with people from all over the world. Ben believes podcasting is the ultimate networking tool, allowing him to create warm introductions and serve a wide audience. He encourages others to pursue their passions and embrace their unique personalities, as they may lead them to unexpected and fulfilling paths in life.
Despite having been a guest and host on hundreds of podcasts, Ben admits that he doesn’t just snap his fingers and instantly become confident. In fact, it wasn’t until October of 2016, when podcasting was becoming more popular, that he started to listen to podcasts during his long drives as a traveling sales rep. At the time, he was also struggling with his lifestyle, feeling like he was only consuming and not contributing anything. To change that, Ben combined his love for podcasting, music, and his hometown of Rochester, New York to start a local music podcast. Though the early episodes were rough, he persisted and eventually started a successful business show that now reaches a global audience.
Ben admits that helping people find their voice and unlock their greatness is a complex process without a single key to success. As a marketer, he sees himself as a curator who sifts through the clutter to find the gold and shares it with others. His job involves content repurposing, content marketing, and podcasting to amplify and showcase the best of what people have to offer. While he may not have all the answers, he believes in the power of learning from brilliant people, adding a personal touch, and finding one’s unique combination to unlock greatness. Ultimately, he is inspired by the uniqueness of every individual and the potential to accomplish anything with the right combination of knowledge, experience, and personal vibe.
Ben is passionate about sharing wisdom from experienced individuals with those who need it, including himself. He believes that there are two categories of people who need this wisdom: his audience and himself. Although he does not assume what his audience needs, he is committed to learning from his guests and sharing their insights with others. For Ben, creating a combination of extracting wisdom from people and learning is crucial. He acknowledges that people often take courses and fail to implement what they learn. Ben advises people to follow the playbook of successful individuals like Gary V, Grant, Alex, Mosey, or Brene Brown. However, he also recognizes that to revolutionize and do something different, one must start creating their own plays.
With his podcast, Ben has the opportunity to get wisdom from his guests to himself and to his listeners. He approaches each conversation with a beginner’s mindset, acknowledging that not everyone has the same knowledge or experience as him. He asks simple and basic questions that he once needed to know and still needs to know now. Although not every conversation lands perfectly, Ben believes that they can make a difference in their audience’s lives when they do.
In this episode:
[00:20] Ben Albert provides business development strategies.
- Curator of The “Real Business Connections Network,” hosts 5 podcasts and helps other underdogs achieve their dreams.
- Ben is on a mission to move the needle on one million lives, one conversation at a time.
[02:00] Ben wanted to be a basketball player but is now a successful entrepreneur.
- He channels his curiosity and passion through conversing with brilliant people.
- Ben believes that podcasting is the ultimate networking tool that allows him to connect with people worldwide.
[04:30] Ben appeared on 100’s podcasts as a guest and host, not always feeling confident.
- He wanted to contribute to the conversation instead of just consuming it.
- Ben’s passion for podcasting and music led him to start a local music podcast in Rochester, New York, which eventually evolved into a successful global business show.
[08:00] Ben shares how he helps people unlock their voice of greatness to project onto others.
- His job involves content repurposing, content marketing, and podcasting to amplify and showcase the best of what people have to offer
- Ben is inspired by the uniqueness of every individual and the potential to accomplish anything with the right combination of knowledge, experience, and personal vibe.
[12:00] Ben believes in the importance of extracting wisdom from experienced individuals for
both his audience and himself.
- Amplifying what they’re doing and finding who they are at a deeper level is something tremendously profound.
- Following the playbook of successful individuals, but creating their own unique strategies.
[16:00] Ben approaches every conversation with a beginner’s mindset, asking basic questions.
- Not every conversation will be perfect but still make a difference in the audience’s lives.
- He uses his podcast to get wisdom from his guests and to share it with his listeners.